The Singing Classroom, Inc.
1. Information we ask from you: We will not collect any personal information from you when you visit our Site unless you provide us with that information voluntarily or it is information that is automatically provided to us, as set forth below. If you become a Singing Classroom subscriber or order any goods or services through the Site, you will be requested to create a login account. At that time, you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself, including but not limited to your name, address, email address, billing
2. Information that is automatically collected: In addition to information that you provide us, we may automatically track certain information based upon your activity on the Site. We use data collection devices, such as “cookies,” on certain pages of the Site to help analyze our Site activity and performance content structure and to enable customers to maintain their login accounts, make purchases through the “shopping cart” function and obtain licenses. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual’s computer for record-keeping purposes. These cookies will be placed as a text file in the browser of your computer. Other information that we may automatically collect includes computer type, browser-type
We also obtain data about you when you interact with the Site, such as when you look at a page, send a message through the Site, search for content on the Site, make purchases or obtain licenses through the Site, and click on any an ad that may be featured on or linked to the Site. When you post certain content on the Site, such as photographs, sound and video files or photographs, we may receive metadata that tells us the time, date and/or location in which the file was created. We receive information from the computer or
You may also choose to participate in
3. How we use your information: We use the information we collect through the Site to help our developers and third parties providing information or services to us to create and
We also use the information you provide to provide you with our services, to contact you regarding other of our products or services, and to provide you with your account and purchase history from our Site. We may use personal information about you (including the information we automatically collect from you) to market to you, to analyze Site usage and promotional effectiveness, to improve our content, to perform
We may use data and information about you that has been “de-identified” (data from which your name or any personally identifying information has been removed, or the data has been combined with other people’s data in such a way that it is no longer associated with you) for any purpose. When we receive data about you from advertisers or other third parties, we will retain such data in identifiable form for no more than six (6) months. After that period, we will retain the data only in de-identified form.
We may provide de-identified data about you to advertisers and other third parties. We may release information about you to legal authorities to comply with valid legal requirements such as a court order, statute or regulation, search warrant or subpoena. Moreover, we may, and you authorize us to, disclose information about you, including, without limitation, your name, city, state, telephone number, email address, IP address and User ID history, without a subpoena in response to a valid request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or other alleged illegal activities.
7. Securing your information: We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These may include appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
8. Updates and Corrections to your personal information: You can review and change the information you have provided us at any time by signing on to your login account.
10. The GDPR and Additional Information for Individuals in the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and the Services are targeted to you, please note:
- The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new comprehensive data protection law that updates existing EU laws to strengthen the protection of “personal data” (any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person,
so called“data subjects”) in light of rapid technological developments, the increasingly global nature of business and more complex international flows of personal data. The GDPR replaces the current patchwork of national data protection laws with a single set of rules, directly enforceable in each EU member state. The GDPR takes effect on May 25, 2018.
- We may need to collect and process the types of Personal Information listed above in order to provide the Services to you or because we are legally required to do so. If you do not provide the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the Services. We may use
- If you would like to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company, you may contact us
- Regarding the section entitled “Location of Data”, above: Some non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards. The full list of these countries is available at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/adequacy/index_en.htm. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission to protect your Personal Information.
- You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting email@example.com and providing your contact
information,and providing a brief description in the text box available.
- We keep your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include (i) for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you; (ii) as required by a legal obligation to which we are subject; or (iii)
asadvisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard of applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
- You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority competent for your country or region.
Last updated: May 24, 2018